Heidelberg Weihnachtsmarkt









*I apologize for not editing my photos together to create a nicer, more balanced look but I'm pressed on time with other projects at the moment. 

Oh hello, it's been quite a while. I'll update you on the twists and turns in life later, so lets just jump in and get this show on the road shall we?!

I've been to Heidelberg at least 4 times since we've been in Germany and I simply can't get enough. This was the first time that we had the pleasure of experiencing Heidelberg's beautiful Christmas Market and I promise, it won't be the last time.

Heidelberg is already charming but it will lift you instantly into the Holiday spirit! They have 3 separate Christmas Markets. Ice Skating at one market with out of this world potato fritters, which if you're wondering going hand in hand with apple sauce, though if that is not your thing then the garlic sauce would be perfect too. Another at the Castle and another in the middle of the city. I missed the market that sold Dampfnudlen (I think someone lied because I looked all over and my dreams were crushed)...if you've never had one, well...you need to reevaluate your life choices and get one! It's that serious.

There is also a beautiful carousel and boy did my daughter have a blast riding on it! Lots of kid activities at this Market. So come, enjoy your Glühwein and let your kids have fun too. I make it a tradition to get at least one item from every market, this year I found a tent filled with the most gorgeous lights on strings and I nabbed quite a few for my home. No regrets!

While Heidelberg isn't in my top Christmas Markets, it's still a nice trip to make with family - which I did as my mother and my stepfather came out for 2 weeks and spent most of their time hogging my little one! First grandchild + living overseas = lots of time to make up. We had a blast. If you're looking for a fun market, this is one to visit!

Any other Christmas Market mug collectors out there? I MUST get Glühwein at every market and then I keep the mugs for my collection. What Weihnachtsmarkt have you visited and what items do you find that you've loved?

3 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty and amazing oh my goodness! ALL THE HEART EYES

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a such a cute Christmas Markets, I might have to make a trip there. Yes Gluhwein is a must! I was so excited to get my first mug to start my collection this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am new to your blog and also reside in Germany (although I live in a small little training base called Hohenfels near Grafenwoehr). I haven't been to Heidelberg before, but it's definitely on my list of places to visit!!!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog!!

    Love, Jenn
    thediaryofadreamer91.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete